Friday, October 22, 2010

A booth "before" and a Proctors Festival sneak peek...

work in progress...

I was at Proctors today setting up my booth for the Proctors Northeast Fine Craft Festival and wanted to show you a "before" shot. (I'll finish up tomorrow before the show starts and take the "after" shot!)

I love to watch the show floor transform from a barren bunch of marked off spaces to a beautiful collection of colorful artist's booths. It feels like the circus is coming to town!

You never know exactly how you'll set up your booth until you get a look at the space. I took an 8 x 10 booth for this show and I was surprised when I got there this morning that it was 8 feet wide, not deep! So I have to be a bit creative. (And I love that industrial black wall backdrop!)

Here's a sneak peek of some work I'll be bringing to the show:
sterling silver Meredith necklace with freshwater pearls and miniature original photograph - in progress
I finished this necklace for the show. I am really into plum shades lately!
Some other artists you'll see at the show! Look at the detail in this intricate handwoven scarf by Frittelli&Lockwood - Their amazing studio is in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. I saw Richard Lockwood setting up on the lower level earlier. Beautiful work!

I adore the jewelry of Carly Wright. Luminous enamels!

A full list of the exhibiting artists is here. I'm looking forward to finishing up my booth and enjoying the show!

images:frittelli-lockwood.com, carlywright.com, ballstonlakepottery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment? I'm so happy to hear from YOU!