Monday, February 14, 2011

Your Valentine's Day Server - and a Winner!

{at your service!}
Happy Valentine's Day! Yesterday, I volunteered to be a server at a Valentine's Brunch fundraiser. We raised money for a wonderful scholarship fund for non-profit eba, Inc., an arts group that provides dance workshops for children, and never turns anyone down due to their ability to pay.

I had never waitressed before, I did the paint crew thing when I was young. So, as your newly minted waitress, I can tell you that the pea soup is vegetarian, gluten and dairy free; the clear chicken soup with vegetables does have gluten as it was made with canned Cottage Inn Stock; and the corn chowder is indeed creamy and full of dairy and bacon. Because people did ask!

And on a sweet note we have a WINNER for the "vintage" clothing giveaway! Congratulations to lucky #8, Danielle of Fresh Quince!
Loretta

12 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Xo,
    E&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and kisses from Eddie and Jaithan, how sweet!

    (Great Valentine's projects on their blog: http://www.eddieross.com/eddie_ross/2011/02/prints-charming.html)

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like a pro carrying those plates for scholarships!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never waitressed before either...looks like you did a great job!
    Happy V Day!
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! What a great cause and it sounded like you had fun!

    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute picture! You know, I waitressed in college, and it could actually be pretty fun. I made some good money, but had lots of bad dreams about my section forever expanding with more and more tables!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. {Have to admit I loved taking care of my tables. And don't you love the guys in tophats behind me?}

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. YIPPEEEE!!!! I'll shoot you an e-mail tomorrow...can't wait to chat!!! Thanks so much Loretta!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! xx Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle- You're welcome! You know, the white shirt I'm wearing in this photo is a swap shirt!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! Such a good cause. What a great way to share the love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look just the ticket! And very professional! I was a paint crew person and a (terrible) waitress when I was at Uni. The whole dining world can sigh with relief that I didn't continue...I like the top hats in the backrgound..

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet of you to volunteer for Valentine's Day.

    That's what I call love.

    And congrats to Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? I'm so happy to hear from YOU!