Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Picking Pumpkins Way Too Early

{Rosie}
 We buy our Christmas tree early and our pumpkins, too. A good chance these will rot out by Halloween, but like the needle-dropping tree, worth it to squeeze in as much fun as possible.

{Evie took the longest to find hers}
 We spend last Sunday visiting my Great-Grandma H. She's ninety-nine and in a nursing home, and the home was close to this pumpkin patch we stopped at on the way home.

When I was a kid Great-Grandma H lived on a lonely road called Laura Lane where few trick-or-treaters ventured and she gave out full size candy bars.

{I told Son H any pumpkin he wanted - as long as he could carry it!}
The full-size-candy-bars-houses were stuff of legend in my childhood neighborhood. But my kids have it better. A house on our block? KING SIZED candy bars! (He's a candy distributer!)

Happy October!

Loretta

7 comments:

  1. That is so cute, we picked some pumpkins today, hopefully they will last as well. :)
    Oooh KING sized candy!!! So lucky!!! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    I have sworn off candy bars for a month now. I think Halloween will be my undoing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look on your sons face is priceless Loretta. We started harvesting our pumpkins already getting ready for the weekend the kids come to pick one out it's a lot of fun. Congrats on your Grandma making it so long we can only hope. King sized candy bars...WOW great neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they look so adorable with their pumpkins!! How wonderful that your great grandmother is almost 100 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so cute! Hope you had a great time with your Great-Grandma H. She sounds like an amazing lady.
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are so cute!

    And I want to see that king candy bar house :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? I'm so happy to hear from YOU!