Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Peek At New Jewelry Designs...

Spring is Sprung, and I'm getting ready to send a fresh, new shipment of jewelry to one of my favorite places: Raiford Gallery in Roswell, Georgia. (Owned by the uber-talented Judie Raiford!)

{matching a color to turquoise beads...}
 I use my own miniature original photographs in many pieces of my jewelry, and sometimes the photographs are color or black and white photographs that I have taken myself, and sometimes the photographs are of my original watercolors. For the new Spring work for Raiford Gallery I'm working on some new watercolors...

{watercolor over pencil}
 A new leaf pattern will look so pretty!

{green leaves, light turquoise background}
 I'm using a heavy architecture drafting pencil to do the final outlines.

 The final watercolors, ready to photograph -in three colorways! I have a small image above to use in my Loretta Fontaine Jewelry sterling silver "Amy" earrings and necklace, and the larger lower paintings will be used for my Loretta Fontaine Jewelry "Lucy and Maria" styles...

{watercolor detail}
Coming soon ... the finished jewelry!

Loretta

4 comments:

  1. I love your jewelry! I'm sure it will be a hit when you send it to the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize how much work you had to do to make a piece of jewelry. I love your leaf design and the fact you can change the colors. Excellent Loretta!

    I hope you're enjoying your weekend!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly pretty _ and I love seeing the process and those aqua stones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to see the process and care you put into making your pieces. You've inspired me to revisit my sketchpad and watercolor set. Thank you for inspiring and sharing!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? I'm so happy to hear from YOU!