Saturday, June 9, 2012

Carly Wright Jewelry at Beekman Street Art Fair


{sterling silver and enamel jewelry by Carly Wright}
One artist I'm really excited to see at the Beekman Street Art Festival tomorrow is Carly Wright! She is one of the most expressive jewelers I know, and her work is exquisite!

Six years ago I traveled the back roads from Albany to the rolling hill town of Berne, New York to write a feature article on Carly for The Crafts Report magazine. Seeing her studio and listening to her explain her highly refined work made me appreciate her jewelry even more. Read the article here: “Profile In Success: Carly Wright: An Expressive Voice” (One of my favorite parts of this article is a portrait I photographed of Carly against some of the dynamic rock formations that so inspire her.)

If you are coming to the festival tomorrow, don't miss Carly's booth!

As promised, here's a piece of jewelry I'm finishing for the Beekman Street Art Fair in Saratoga Springs, New York tomorrow:

{Loretta Fontaine Jewelry sterling silver reversible Meredith necklace with miniature original photograph of Pale Pink Rose, freshwater pearls}
I'm making this necklace with white and grey freshwater pearls. It's a favorite!

Loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment? I'm so happy to hear from YOU!